Black Seed Oil Virgin
Black seed oil is extracted from seeds which come from a plant scientifically called Nigella sativa, and also referred to as fennel flower, nutmeg flower, and Roman coriander. An annual flowering plant, it’s native to south and southwest Asia, growing from about 8-12 inches tall. Flowers have 5-10 feathery petals and are usually pale blue and white. Balloon-like pods hold the seeds. These open in the shape of a five-pointed star, and over time, the seeds change from a pale colour to black as they dry and mature.
Black Seed Oil Benefits
Black seed oil has long been taken internally to help improve the condition of hair, skin, and nails. We now know that we can get a number of the same benefits by applying the oil topically. The one that really sticks out as being different from many other plant ingredients is the oil’s powerful ability to restore the natural health and vitality of skin.
- Nourishes: Black seed oil provides vitamins along with minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium, and zinc, giving skin what it needs to recover and repair itself.
- Reduces acne: Black seed oil has a reputation as helping to fight acne. If you’re struggling with stubborn, adult acne, you need to try this oil.
- Fights infection: In addition to fighting the bacteria that causes acne, black seed oil also fights against other types of bacteria and fungus, keeping the face infection-free. Try it on eczema, skin boils, ringworm, and psoriasis scales.
- Moisturizes: Like many natural oils, black seed oil is rich in essential fatty acids that provide deep, lasting moisturization for skin. These fatty acids also help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Fades scars and dark spots: Regular application of this oil will help to fade dark spots and old acne and other scars. Vitamin A and amino acids together with fatty acids help to encourage skin regeneration.
- Tames redness: If you have rosacea or other skin conditions that are leaving you with red skin, black cumin seed can help. It has a natural anti-inflammatory property that calms inflammation and encourages the healthy function of the immune system. The oil also has a natural antihistamine property—perfect for skin conditions that may be caused by allergies.
The above information is for general research purposes only and is not a representation or warranty of any kind. This material is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The user of this material is solely responsible for determining fitness for any particular use; requesting and reviewing the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet; and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Terms and conditions apply.