SK – INFLUX® V (Ceramide Complex)
A skin-identical lipid concentrate for enhanced skin moisturization and protection.
Restores the protective barrier function of the skin
• Ideal for ageing skin, dry skin and sensitive skin
• Enhanced delivery and exchange of skin lipids
• SK-INFLUX® V is a new version of SK-INFLUX®, with
non-animal cholesterol (vegetal-derived, semi-
• SK-INFLUX® V is paraben-free
INCI Name (PCPC name)
Ceramide NP; Ceramide AP; Ceramide EOP;
Phytosphingosine; Cholesterol; Sodium Lauroyl
Lactylate; Carbomer; Xanthan Gum
SK-INFLUX® ((Ceramide Complex)) is a skin-identical lipid concentrate,
which restores the protective barrier function of
- SK-INFLUX® is a skin-identical lipid concentrate, which restores the protective barrier function of the skin.•SK-INFLUX® is a concentrated formulation, consisting of a multi-lamellar (membrane) system resembling the structure of the lipid barrier in the Stratum Corneum.• A concentrated mix of different types of ceramides, cholesterol, free fatty acids and phytosphingosine makes it an ideal ingredient for personal care products with unique restoring capabilities.
• Cholesterol is a key ingredient of SK-INFLUX® and essential for the performance of the product. However, its animal origin (sheep’s woolgrease) prevents some customers from using SKINFLUX®. In order to fulfil market expectation, Evonik looked for alternatives and tested them. As a result, SK-INFLUX® V is now available with vegetal derived, semi synthetic cholesterol that is chemically and physically indistinguishable From the animal-based product.
• Application of SK-INFLUX® V will result in an enhanced moisturization and protection, ultimately leading to a less sensitive and less dry skin.
• Depending on the type of skin and desired effect, SK-INFLUX® V is used with concentrations varying from 1 – 15 %. However, for typical applications such as ageing and dry skin a dosage level of 3 – 5 % is recommended. Add to the aqueous phase of your formulation.
Application Consequently SK-INFLUX® V has a wide range of applications, such as O/W creams and lotions of the segments:
– Moisturizing products
– Ageing and anti-wrinkle products
– Skin repair
– Skin protection
Recommended usage concentration
Normal skin: 1.5 – 5 % SK-INFLUX® V
Dry skin: 3 – 5 % SK-INFLUX® V
Ageing skin: 3 – 5 % SK-INFLUX® V
Skin repair/protection: 3 – 15 % SK-INFLUX® V
In emulsions SK-INFLUX® should be added to the water phase before the homogenization step. Adding SK-INFLUX® to an existing recipe of an O/W emulsion drops the viscosity significantly. The reason for this is a rearrangement of the liquid crystalline structures. But the emulsion is not necessarily less stable in spite of the lower viscosity. To increase the viscosity it is suggested to increase the amount of consistency enhancer, e. g. the amount of Stearyl Alcohol. Since SK-INFLUX® contains an anionic surfactant as a liposome builder cationic emulsifier systems should be avoided due to possible interactions.
Storage: Protected from direct light and Store in Refrigerator
Shelf life: 12 months, properly stored, in sealed container.
The above information is for general research purposes only and is not a representation or warranty of any kind. This material is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The user of this material is solely responsible for determining fitness for any particular use; requesting and reviewing the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet; and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Terms and conditions apply