Isopropyl Myristate is an emollient ester of low viscosity; light weight oil. A non-greasy emollient, it is readily adsorbed by the skin. It is used in formulations to help reduce the greasiness of whipped butters and emulsions
- Superior emollient for non-greasy bath, body and baby oils
- Lubricant and compression aid for pressed powders
- Light & non-tacky emollient for creams and lotions. Readily adsorbed by the skin
- When used at high concentrations it gently lifts makeup and surface dirt
- Gives gloss and shine to hair
- Resistant to oxidation (does not become rancid)
- Widely used as diluent for fragrance oils.
CAS Number 110-27-0EINECS Number 203-751-4
Specific Gravity (25˚) 0.846 – 0.854
INCI Name: Isopropyl Myristate
IPM is commonly found in formulations to help reduce the greasiness of whipped butters and emulsions.
IPM is not soluble in water, but it is soluble in castor and several other oils.
For external use only.
The above information is for general research purposes only and is not a representation or warranty of any kind. This material is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The user of this material is solely responsible for determining fitness for any particular use; requesting and reviewing the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet; and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Terms and conditions apply