Polyquaternium-10 is used in many skincare, haircare and personal care products. It is used mostly as a conditioning agent in creams, lotions, conditioners, serums. It is used as a film-forming agent in facial creams, moisturizers, hair gels, leave-in conditioners, hair dyes, hair sprays and mousses. The anti-static property of Polyquaternium-10 makes it an ideal choice for addition in shampoos and conditioners.
- Skin care: It acts as a conditioning agent in many skin care products which makes the skin soft and supple. It attracts moisture from the surrounding and forms a thin film on the surface of skin, thus helps to moisturize it. It also helps to retain the moisture on skin by forming a thin film that acts as a barrier on the surface preventing water loss. It also acts as a surfactant in many skincare products. The surfactant lowers the surface tension between water and grime, thus facilitates the easy removal of dust, dirt and grime from the surface on the skin
- Hair care: Since Polyquaternium 10 is a cationic polymer, the positive charges which are found on it bind with the hair which is negatively charged. When the hair gets damaged either due to the use of excessive styling products or hair treatments, cysteic acid is formed which makes the hair even more negatively charged. The positively charged Polyquaternium-10 easily binds with the negatively charged hair at several points through ionic interaction, thereby helps to smooth out the cuticle of strands. Thus Polyquaternium-10 has a good conditioning effect on the hair. Its anti-static effect and film-forming ability helps to keep hair strands soft, smooth, silky and well-nourished preventing frizzy and dry hair
- Cationic quat conditioning agent, adheres readily to hair proteins
- Provides superb wet combatibility, good manageability & curl retention
- Builds viscosity making the use of an auxiliary thickener unnecessary
- Add as is to water phase of formula. Typical use level 0.2 and 2%. Common concentration in a shampoo is only 0.5%. For external use only.
For External Use Only
The above information is for general research purposes only and is not a representation or warranty of any kind. This material is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The user of this material is solely responsible for determining fitness for any particular use; requesting and reviewing the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet; and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Terms and conditions apply