Niacinamide (USP) (nicotinamide) comprises one of the two forms of Vitamin B3; niacin (or nicotinic acid) being the other, both of which provide equivalent vitamin activity. As an essential component of living cells, Vitamin B3 is essential for protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism. Niacinamide is a precursor in the synthesis of the pyridine coenzymes NAD and NADP involved in cell metabolism, and as such play a key role in the production of energy.
- Upregulates AQP3
- Enhances skin tone
- Helps improve the overall appearance of skin
- Improving skin texture
- Evening skin complexion
- May help to reduce the appearance of acne
- May help to revitalize hair to minimize hair fall and improve its overall appearance
- Use level: 0.3-5.0%
- USP grade
- Has soothing activity useful for blemished skin
- Can improve the appearance of aged, hyperpigmented and photodamaged skin
- Can reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- When combined with vitamin A palmitate, niacinamide showed enhanced skin lightening properties
Use: Add to water phase of formula or directly into a finished cream or cream base. Typical concentration is 1-6 %, with 5% being a typical and effective concentration. For external use only. Avoid adding to an acidic product, ideal final pH of product should be 6. Should not be combined with l-asorbic acid. It can hydrolyze and form nicotinic acid at higher or lower pH, which can result in skin irritation. For external use only.
Applications: Products for blemished skin, lotions, creams, sun care & after sun products, makeup products, anti-aging products.
The above information is for general research purposes only and is not a representation or warranty of any kind. This material is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The user of this material is solely responsible for determining fitness for any particular use; requesting and reviewing the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet; and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Terms and conditions apply