Hassle Free Returns

No questions asked, 10 days return policy.

Fast Within 3-5 Business days

Estimated Delivery Date: May 20

Cash on Delivery

You don't pay if you don't like the product

Rice bran Wax

AED17.50AED821.75

 Rice Bran Wax -( Non GMO and BSE/TSE free) , a natural vegetable wax also referred to by the botanical name Oryza sativa. Rice bran wax is derived from extraction and de-waxing of rice bran oil. This process produces a solid pale-yellow substance in granular form which has a high melting point. Rice bran wax is is often used as a substitute for Carnauba wax.

Rice bran wax is used in a wide-range of cosmetic, food and industrial applications. Cosmetic products that may use rice bran wax include body butters, lip balms, lipsticks, lotions, face creams and mascara. Rice bran wax can be used on grown fruits and vegetables to prevent the loss of moisture and protect the product’s shelf life. Industrial and consumer products that may use vegetable waxes such as rice bran are crayons, polishes, coatings for wood or paper and lubricants.

INCI Name: Oryza Sativa Cera

CAS-No.:8016-60-2

EINECS-No.: 232-409-7

Color : Cream Yellow

Odor:Light characteristics

Country of Origin USA/China

Clear
SKU: N/A Categories: , ,

Description

Rice Bran Wax’s history.

Brown rice and its derivatives have a long history of human consumption, with rich cultivation documented back to prehistoric times, starting from Asia and eventually spreading across Europe.

Once harvested, the rice is hulled and the resulting brown rice can be further processed to generate derivatives such as rice bran oil, rice bran extract, and hydrolyzed rice protein.

Rice bran wax comes from the bran, which is the part between the husk and endosperm of rice and is byproduct of bran oil.

Rice Bran wax has been approved for use in various food applications in the US, it is permitted as a direct human food additive when used in candy(maximum 50 ppm as a coating).

Rice bran wax is eligible for use as active ingredients or excipients in listed medicines in Australia, with no restrictions(Australian Government 2007.

Rice bran wax v.s. Carnauba wax

The monoester fraction in carnauba wax can be considered to be nearly structurally identical to the monoester fraction of rice bran wax; i.e., the monoester fraction in carnuaba wax is within a range of 54-94% of total constituents compared to up to 87-98% in rice bran wax. Therefore, published toxicity studies conducted on carnauba wax were deemed suitable for inclusion in the safety assessment of rice bran wax.

Carnauba wax is considered to be the most chemically similar to rice bran wax.This similarity is based on the presence of specific monoesters, which comprise the majority(87-98%) of rice bran wax. The relative percent of each monoester in these waxes demonstrates that the majority of the rice bran wax components are these monoesters and, as such, can be accounted for. The remaining ~2%of the rice bran wax products is made up of long chain catty alcohols,long chain fatty acids, triglycerides,or rice bran oil. While the monoesters also comprise a major fraction of the carnauba wax samples, a large percentage is also made up of fatty alcohols(19-33%). In addition, carnauba wax has been shown to contain some fatty acids and ecompelex esters that can only be analyzed with additional methods, e.g., via UV analysis; these can include resin and cinnamates(EFSA,2007; Warth,1956).

Melting Point 77.0~85.0
Acid Value 1.0 -12.0 mg KOH/g
Saponification Value 76-110 mg KOH/g
INCI Name Oryza Sativa Cera
CAS-No. 8016-60-2
EINECS-No. 232-409-7
Color Yellow to light brown
BSE/TSE: BSE/TSE free
Allergen Fragrances: Not present
Compatibility compatible with all other waxes, fatty acids, plant
glycerides and hydrocarbons.

The above information is for general research purposes only and is not a representation or warranty of any kind. This material is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The user of this material is solely responsible for determining fitness for any particular use; requesting and reviewing the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet; and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Terms and conditions apply

Additional information

Size

100gm, 250gm, 500gm, 1kg, 5kg, 12.5kg, 25kg

Share your thoughts!

Let us know what you think...

What others are saying

There are no contributions yet.

×

Login

Register

Your personal data will be used to support your experience throughout this website, to manage access to your account, and for other purposes described in our privacy policy.

Continue as a Guest

Don't have an account? Sign Up