Salicylic Acid is an organic acid often used as the active ingredients in Anti-Acne skin care preparations. The active of choice when you’re looking to clear the skin of almost any build up, whether in the pores, or in the tissues.
Salicylic Acid is a Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA) and it’s activity is completely different from the Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) used in Anti-Aging Skin Care lines. While the AHA’s are small molecules that can get down into the pores quickly, and efficiently, offering enhanced and rapid cellular turn over, BHA‘s are a larger molecule which doesn’t get through the pores as quickly. The result is that they stay in the pore and continue to work, functioning to break down the build up that is responsible for enlarged pores, acne and inflammatory conditions.
Significantly improve the appearance of acne, Rosacea, & crow’s feet as well as being an excellent agent for pore refinement and any condition that is the result of oil build up in the pores and tissues.
- very fine white crystalline powder
- assay 99.5% pure
- oil soluble
- alcohol soluble *
- store tightly closed, away from heat sources
- shelf 3yrs when properly stored
- add to the oil phase
- 0.5 to 1.0% for sensitive skin products
- 2.0% for active treatment products
- acne / oily skin care lines
- clarifying scalp / hair product lines
- treatment lines
- crusty skin
When creating water based serums / gels / toners, you may pre-dissolve salicylic acid in alcohol, to solubilize it before mixing with water or other liquid.
* This product is not coated or enhanced. It will not dissolve, into alcohol, instantly or without effort. It does require mixing in all cases and regardless of solution levels. It will incorporate approximately 10% almost instantly. Beyond a 10% solution you will need to mix it into your alcohol and allow it to rest for approximately one hour or more to incorporate the excess. This process will vary based on the circumstances of your alcohol and equipment. Testing to determine the threshold as it relates to your specific conditions is required.
- POWDER IS AIRBORNE – USE AN APPROPRIATE DUST FILTER. IF VENTILATION IS INSUFFICIENT USE AN EFFICIENTLY RATED RESPIRATOR
- DO NOT HANDLE WITH BARE HANDS. USE PROTECTIVE GLOVES.
- WEAR PROTECTIVE EYE GEAR, TIGHTLY SEALED GOGGLES, WHEN WORKING IN AN ENVIRONMENT WITH EXCESSIVE AIR MOVEMENT
The above information is for general research purposes only and is not a representation or warranty of any kind. This material is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The user of this material is solely responsible for determining fitness for any particular use; requesting and reviewing the applicable Material Safety Data Sheet; and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. Terms and conditions apply